Savory Gluten-Free Spinach Quiche is made with a delicious Savory Gluten-Free Shortcrust recipe, adapted from a recipe by Master Baker Avner Laskin. This is a terrific, and, believe it or not, easy gluten-free recipe for special occasion brunches.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 recipe prebaked gluten-free savory shortcrust (recipe link below)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 ounces washed, rinsed and dried fresh spinach leaves
- 6 ounces grated Swiss or Emmenthal cheese
Preheat oven to 375° F / 190°C
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk eggs, cream, salt and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese in the bottom of the prebaked crust shell.
- Scatter half of the spinach leaves over the cheese. Pour about three-fourths of the egg mixture over the spinach.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese and spinach into the crush shell and top with the remaining egg mixture.
- Place the quiche pan on a large baking sheet to prevent dripping and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the filling is set and the top is golden. Serve warm