Hoisin-Glazed Tempeh With Green Beans and Cashews
My Shopping List
Text a link of this recipe to your web-enabled cell phone.
- 4 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar, divided
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce or 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (4 tsp.)
- 1 (8 ounce) package tempeh, cut into half-inch cubes
- 1 (12 ounce) package green beans, frozen
- 1/3 cup roasted unsalted cashews
- 1 pinch of chili powder
1Whisk together hoisin sauce, 2 teaspoons rice vinegar, soy sauce, cornstarch, and 1/2 cup water in small bowl. Set aside.
2Heat skillet or wok over medium heat. Add oil, then ginger and garlic.
3Stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes, or until garlic turns pale gold.
4Add tempeh and hoisin sauce mixture to pan. Stir to coat tempeh. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 2 minutes, or until sauce begins to thicken.
5Stir in green beans. Cover, and simmer 4 to 5 minutes, or until beans are hot, stirring occasionally. Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar.
6Serve topped with cashews.
Here are some Xanaland reccomdations for products that may help you in the kitchen.
Lodge Pro-Logic Cast Iron Wok - Lodge Pro-Logic (Google Affiliate Ad)
Williams-Sonoma Essentials of Asian Cooking By Williams, Chuck (EDT)/ (Google Affiliate Ad)